raucao
September 23, 2026, 3:53pm
21
Here’s how the connect widget library handles Unauthorized errors for example:
Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it.
I clearly need to do more testing related to auth flows. Working on that now:
master ← fix/remotestorage-authorization-expiry
opened 02:53PM - 23 Sep 26 UTC
Inbox kept showing “Synced” after authorization was revoked or network requests … failed. It now shows a persistent reconnect notice for expired/revoked access, “Offline” when the browser loses connectivity, and “Storage unreachable” when the server cannot be reached. Idle status reads “Connected” instead of claiming all changes have synced.
The account panel, settings summary, and user icon use consistent connection status. Offline retries do not flash the green indicator. Reauthorization preserves cached data and pending writes; explicit OAuth `access_denied` follows the widget’s disconnect behavior.
Validation:
- `npm run check` and the full `npm run test` suite pass.
- Production build and Svelte type checks pass; existing warnings remain.
- 12 Chromium browser tests pass, covering HTTP 401/403, queued writes surviving reload and OAuth reconnection, initial and renewed authorization denial, stale saved tokens, discovery failure/retry, temporary server failures, offline/unreachable indicators and recovery, and normal connect/disconnect.
- Browser recovery tests verify queued notes reach the remoteStorage server, rather than only appearing in the local UI.
I will also address the file upload modal, and initials bug.
Regarding the “Save to Sharesome” it’s a fair comment, honestly I’m not sure how best to “interface” with other modules/apps, and maybe just “share” makes the most sense. Any other suggestions welcome, I would like to interface with other module types as well.