Website relaunch concept/content brainstorming/collecting

Cool! Let us know how it goes, and if you need any help/input. Did you discuss your plans with @raucao today?

Hi Michiel,
@raucao was too ill today, we will try another chat tomorrow or on the next weekā€¦
we arenā€™t moving quickly at this time, but we started, so, lastly, we will get thereā€¦

1 Like

From https://community.remotestorage.io/t/bringing-jsfs-into-spec-with-remotestorage/275/13:

I would be totally in favor of merging all our existing documentation into a wiki and putting it on remotestorage.io, could be a good way to break the current website impasse, and get rid of both the old and the new website in one swoop! :slight_smile:

We would be down to just wiki + spec + this forum + starter-kit for remoteStorage in general, and NaturalDocs for modules documentation and for remotestorage.js function reference.

It would probably be much easier to get FAQ documented when they happen on the forum.

My 2ct.

1 Like

By the way, the wiki has been set up and you can create user accounts and start putting random content in. Itā€™s basically empty right now, except for a Notes page, which you can use for dropping content and links, and an Apps page, where you can find some apps incl. links to their source code and what categories they claim.

For the latter, it would obviously be useful to add any apps that are missing and currently in use (I mean actually being used and working with at least a stable RS server like e.g. 5apps Storage or the latest reStore).

If someone is interested in helping out with the main page and/or transferring/adding content to the wiki in general, thatā€™d be great! Feel free to edit anything!

https://wiki.remotestorage.io

I was fed up with lack of visibility of the progress and esp. lack of insight into what still has to be done, so I just set up a public Trello board for all website efforts. Iā€™ll add anyone whoā€™s interested in helping (and be it just dropping suggestions) to the team, so they can add cards. Commenting is public for every Trello account.

Shoot me for setting up yet another thing. Sorry. Also, I tried finding a good open-source alternative, but gave up, because Iā€™d rather spend time on finishing these things instead of setting up more meta stuff. :dragon_face: